Variable Datencodierung von Booklet-Etiketten für klinische Studien
Atlantic Zeiser, a global solution provider of personalization and coding systems, will be conducting an interactive market study for DIGILINE Booklet. The company’s variable data encoding concept dedicated to booklet labels used for clinical trials, is now in an advanced development stage. The system will be discussed at Labelexpo Europe in Brussels from September 24-27, 2013, in Hall 7, Booth 7K99.
DIGILINE Booklet is targeted to provide highly efficient late-stage encoding and verification of booklet labels. Its concept meets the very specific needs of pharmaceutical companies that require booklet labels for clinical trials, as well as subcontracting manufacturers that encode booklet labels at a large scale on behalf of those companies.
“Atlantic Zeiser cooperated with major pharmaceutical companies and subcontracting manufacturers to address these very specific needs with an advanced concept,“ said Helmut Schneider, Atlantic Zeiser Group Product Manager Packaging. “DIGILINE Booklet aims to be a sophisticated and capable system that would provide error-free encoding and verification results in combination with fast and efficient production throughput, while greatly minimizing waste. We look forward to discussing details of the system with customers who would benefit from such a solution.“
DIGILINE Booklet can offer a number of key advantages over thermal transfer printers and conventional rewinders used for booklet label encoding:
- Encodes thick booklets (up to 4 mm) that are difficult to print at all;
- Can print and check on both fully and partially transparent label stock;
- Prints the first incoming label on the roll, minimizing waste and maintaining process security – no extra work – and no peel off (patent-pending innovation);
- Maintains precise lateral print positioning to ensure accurate variable information placement, even for misaligned labels on the carrier. This is a great advantage especially for pre-printed labels with tight space;
- Audit proof process security by full camera inspection of cuts and splices made by operator;
- 100% camera inspection, which eliminates the occurrence of misprinted, unprinted and even missing labels in production output;
- Minimizes downtime, providing short cycle times and cost savings.
DIGILINE Booklet can use proven Atlantic Zeiser OMEGA inkjet printing technology and LED-based UV curing for precise, durable and highly readable encoding. Its combination of advanced printing and highly integrated camera technology, and zero-waste production ensures accurate and dependable label encoding.